Spawner And Linear Velocity

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by mxstudios, Sep 1, 2016.

1. mxstudios

mxstudios Boxer

Hi,
    I find the documentation a little frustrating. Love the product but there is no way to fully understand how it works from the docs.

Can someone please tell me what the second box in the spawner is for. Same with the velocities. It's some kind of random factor too? The documentation is inconsistent. In all cases the number AFTER the ~ is the random factor?

For Linear Velocity the first row is the X and the random factor and 2nd row is the Y and random factor, I assume?

I am trying to figure out how to place platforms randomly. It appears there is no random factor for position, even in the logic transform.

Also, I am spawning clouds with a X velocity = -1 and want it to be random from -1 to -5. No matter what I do, I am getting clouds moving to the right sometimes.

Lastly, does it only randomize in whole number intervals?

Thanks

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Left value is absolute. Right value is the random factor.

So if you want from -5 to -1 put as absolute -3 and a random factor of 2. It's 2 both ways. Up and down. So it will give you exactly -5 to -1.

3. mxstudios

mxstudios Boxer

Thanks! It's clearer now. BTW, my Punch Trump app got rejected from Apple for being "mean spirited". :)

Thanks for help.

trudnai likes this.
  4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Maybe the punch was too soft lol.

5. mxstudios

mxstudios Boxer

Apparently I didn't even get past the icon. They rejected based on that. They said defamatory and Mean Spirited....

[​IMG]

It's ridiculous. Don't want to hijack this thread though :)

ZikZak and trudnai like this.
  6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Haha this is awesome :) What about Google and Amazon? They have rejected it too?