Sound Fx not always working

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by viking, Mar 31, 2016.

1. viking

viking Avid Boxer

hi @Andy
    i got sound issue
    somethime the sound fx is not working ...
    on action coin
    and on the advance move
    thx
    Bb2.4

Shawh likes this.
  2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

In preview or on the device as well? There is a preview only bug that we know about and is fixed in the next release.

Shawh likes this.
  3. Shawh

Shawh Boxer

I think I mentioned it to buildbox support in one of the emails but yeah it happens in BB 2 as well as BB 1.3.6. Where as 1.3.5 is working absolutely fine. Just so you know, I'll be a little more clear. Whenever the character collides with an action which has a sound inserted, the sound fx works in the beginning but it stops working later on and gets replaced with another sound fx for example the sound of coin is sometimes replaced with the sound of jump. @Andy But anyways thanks for reassuring that it is fixed, I'll look out for it once Beta 5 is out :)

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Just on preview though, right? If so we've fixed it. It was caused by the same issue introduced in BETA5 and 1.3.6 while fixing some other sound related crashing issues.

If you have a ticket number I can go back and check just in case we are talking about separate issues (but sounds like maybe the same bug).

5. viking

viking Avid Boxer

@Andy thanx for your fast answer
    i get the bug on the preview and on the iPhone 5 device iOS7 and 6Splus iOS9
    xcode 6.2 and 7.3
    with action, adv. move and death sound

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

OK, thanks. Now I'm not 100% confident that this particular issue is fixed for you. If you could please send sample BBDOC and details on what to do to duplicate the issue to support@buildbox.com it would be greatly appreciated (or point me to existing ticket if you already opened one). We can at least verify that it is fixed or not and if we receive the data soon enough we can get it into BETA5 just in case there is still and issue.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  7. viking

viking Avid Boxer

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Thanks man, we're working with it now... look like the sound issue you have is a totally different issue than what we already fixed.

Shawh and viking like this.
  9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@viking

OK, have the cause of this sound issue. You coin effect is almost 7 seconds long, most of it being silence. The sound engine has a limit on how many simultaneous SFX can be played. For example if you grab 10 coins (I'm not sure the exact number) in about a second for example, you won't play anymore SFX until 6 more seconds after they finish playing all the silence.

If you trim all the silence of your SFX then you should not have the problem anymore. I would check all your sounds just in case that is not the only one that has this issue.

10. viking

viking Avid Boxer