Someone Stole My Game And Artwork & Republished :(

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AaroArts, Jan 19, 2017.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Hey,
    So, exactly as my thread title suggests, someone has stolen my BB Game, thats been out since November, and re-uploaded it themselves...

No lie, they have taken my game, changed 1 out of the 30-40 images and republished it.
    Same name. Same background. Same screenshots. Same font. Same "Share" text. Same UI. Everything.
    I literally can't believe it.

Literally, the only thing they have changed was the "target" in my game, and the games that appear in the "More Games" section that I put in every app I make.

Everything else, down to the App Store description is identical.

The worst thing is, they've uploaded it TWICE through two different Apple Accounts.

I found them by pure chance today while I was showing my friend, who searched it in the App Store in order to download it. They came ABOVE my game in the search too.

What do I do?

It's not the fact that its been cloned or copied, it's that they stole my Art Work and UI Buttons that has upset me. I spend just as much time creating Assets as I do designing, programming or creating in BB.

Are there ways of reporting this?
    I can link them if needs be, but I'd rather not give the Apps publicity... :(

2. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Jeez - @Andy / Mod, please remove that youtube link - I've filed a complaint for copyright but guys, don't bring undue attention to these scammers - thanks :)

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Removed. BTW we have already implemented some protection against this in the coming 2.2.9 release that is currently in testing phase.

5. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Cheers boss! And can't wait for the update

6. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

just like what Kevin W said , don't bring undue attention to them , just keep the good work :)

7. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Ok thanks everyone.
    I can't believe some reverse engineered that :eek:

I'm going to file complaints/report today.

I have the dudes name and facebook though.
    His BuildBox license should get revoked!

Kevin W likes this.
  8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Just looked into Apples Contact site, and they want to send all my information to the other person.
    I don't want him to know who I am, and I certainly don't want him to then target my other games by knowing that information.

This is ridiculous.

I guess I'm just going to have to leave it :(

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  9. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Im pretty sure he knows who you are and what your other games are. the same way you found the rest of his games.
    But its up to you on what you want to do.
    Not that it helps but i can show you 100 other developer apple store listings that are doing the same thing and probably have most of the bb communities games in there.
    There are 100's on Amazon and google play.
    Its now just a moment of waiting for the new update that andy said they are working on with new security to be released, and update all your games after it.
    Mate i feel your pain, My games are not the best of games but i can find them all over amazon and the App Store a 100 times over, every week another one is released.
    Just need to keep on going, and hope there version fails LOL.

10. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

don't worry guys , the best thing for us is the keep working in making games , and don't if my or your game make it bigin the futur , you would not be bother with people how copy your game ( using BB,Construct or unity ...) that only mean that everyone want to be like you. also ,look at color switch , there are hundred of clones like it , but does it worth to report everyone of them ? ofcourse not, David is enjoying his life , and got no time for that .

@Sam_Aaro
    btw , i checked there games on itunes, and you should now that some of those games are from codecanyon , so it's hard to know if they bought the codes from there and publish them or cloned them directly

the best thing to do ( happen with me before , but with chupamobile ) is to check those websites if they selling your game source code , and contact the support to remove them .

playsgames6666 likes this.
  11. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@Sam_Aaro That sucks man. These stupid people think they can do something with it, but the truth is they cannot. Just Ignore them mate. No copy of a game can go past an Original one.

Keep doing what you doing and ignore these , however if something unusual happens like that clone gets high then the great thing is to contact apple and provide them proof and boom they will remove the game. So No worries :);)

AaroArts likes this.
  12. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Yeh, you guys are right.

I'll just try to forget it for now and crack on with some new games :)

Jaky1 and Christoph like this.
  13. jayloh90

jayloh90 Boxer

Tough luck man. I see you've made tons of games, got any published yet or are you marketing them solo?

14. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I guess it happens more than I realised.

Na, I've never approached a publisher.
    I don't think my games are good enough to be honest.

Maybe one day:)

15. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Big LIKE!

16. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Send him a cease and desist notice. That you will report him and get his apps removed. And andy...i ponder how this can be done? What in the world could you guys do in BB to help prevent stealing of our work?

alexsafayan likes this.
  17. carlaree

carlaree Boxer

I dont understand how he go the source code? Can anyone extract the Buildbox source code from somewhere?

18. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

they have tools that reverse engineer game file , so they can change icon,edit name,package name and ads ids

19. alexsafayan

alexsafayan Boxer

Or they just straight up copy with the game right in front of them as they make it.

ramiucef likes this.
  20. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

thar's why some developers don't showcase only after publishing