Second Suggestion To Improve Scaling (bb3)

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by DanFarfan, Oct 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DanFarfan

DanFarfan Avid Boxer

At first, I thought it was me and my inexperienced hand fumbling around with the scale controls in the BB3 editor.
    Then I saw Zack using 5 or 6 actions that should've taken 1.

We need an improved scale feature in the BB3 editor, please.
    Specifically, my recommendation works like this:

Instead of a red, green, blue SCALE control with handles only in the positive direction, put those same three handles also in the negative direction. (Sorry I don't have a picture to make this clearer).

Right now, when I click and hold the red handle and drag, the scale editing feature makes the object bigger or smaller depending on the direction I drag, but from the center point of the object. This is almost never what you (I? anyone?) want. This forced even Zach to move the object, scale some, move the object, scale some more, zoom in ~10x so you can really see what's going on, scale some more, and then finally, click to the move tool, then move the object to the right place, whoops, click back to scale, drag again, move one last time... Zoom out. There. Goodness gracious, I needed a nap just watching that.

Instead, after you put the red, green, blue SCALE handles in the positive and negative direction, we could grab 1 side, and when we drag, the opposite face would not move, just the face of the side we grabbed. Which means your objects position relative to things near the stationary face wouldn't change.

IF someone wanted the action as it is today, no problem. Let them hold the shift (control key, spacebar, whatever) key down and drag away.

Thanks for your consideration.
    Keep up the good work!

@DanFarfan
    p.s. If this is addressed in BB3.beta3, it's not working on MacBook Pro.

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer