Scoring

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by visionarymonkey, May 15, 2018.

1. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

I'm trying to implement a scoring leaderboard system in my app store game. The issue Im running into is resetting the score at the appropriate time. Each "level" is a separate world with a separate UI for each world. I have a function when you die or even complete a level you can restart/replay the level . the issue Im running into is the score does not reset when I restart the level unless its set to current. However its not reseting the score when set to total. For a leaderboard I need to have an accurate total score and don't want people to just replay easy levels over and over again to rack a high total score. Any help in or insight would be helpful.

Thanks

2. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

You pretty much answered your own question.
    In game ui set score to current. When player dies that score is what is submitted to leaderboard.
    If you use total it is accumulated , only use total for coins,
    but there's no real way around a scoring system for level based games. As you said if you use total you can just dominate playing level one all the time.

3. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

Thanks for offering some more insight.

Thats a bummer. I was really wanting to add a leaderboard feature to Roto Strike. Hopefully we have that feature down the road. Seems like a pretty big limitation for scoring.

Thanks again for verifying what I feared.

adrogdesigns likes this.