Scores not showing and posted on leaderboard

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by sysads, Oct 26, 2015.

1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Hi

I have been battling with an issue whereby if I preview the game and play it, on game over the score shows but when i install it on my android or iphone device, the score shows 0.

Also for unknown reasons, when the game loads on phone, and I try to sign into leaderboard, it spins forever :(

This is new issue to me, anyone come across such?

2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

OK i have worked around that 0 score issue but now when I play the game and score like 5 points, the coints amount shows 5 in game over. On my game over screen, I added a home button and set that to restart the game.

When I press the home button and restart the game, I play the first scene or level, and I loose there, instead of the score to show 1, it adds 1 to the previous 5 and making it six, so its assuming that to be best score rather than current scene score :(

any help

3. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

If using coins as a scoring method best to show "Coins Per Session" as the score amount for each game.

4. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

@sysads When using the leaderboard for iPhone, it will only work once the app has gone live on the App Store. One thing I have found as well is that after you export your game to Xcode (at least with Buildbox v1.3.5 and Xcode 6.4), you have to go into Xcode, manually select your project, go to "Capabilities" and click the "Fix Issue" button that warns "Add the GameKit key to your info plist file" before you submit it to the App Store in order for leaderboard scoring to work properly.

5. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

@stevinz the issue is with Google Play for now. I have not done Apple until I get Google fixed.

6. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

I have this issue as well with Google play and game centre running the latest version of buildbox 2.3.6 and still can't post scores to leaderboards