Score And Menu Jump Issue

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by DeadlySeriousMedia, Sep 30, 2016.

1. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

So I have a game where you collect coins then, sometimes, you can get a bonus level and collect lots of coins. After the bonus level you go back to the endless game. The problem arises when switching between worlds. The score is not maintained. Even if I select all worlds for the score label it doesn't work. Any ideas on this?

Basically when I got to the bonus world my score displays as 0 then I collect like 7 coins and jump back to the game and it shows I have 6 coins.

Also, is there a better solution using portals? I can't seem to make portals work between scenes...I don't think they can. Maybe check points? Arrrg!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

heathclose likes this.
  3. DeadlySeriousMedia

So it's not possible to do this. That sucks.
    Again, using the setting of "All Coins is not the best idea because the player see's ALL coins not the amount per game. So they don't really have a good indicator during play as to how well they are doing compared to the last round. Little things like this make Build box a tad frustrating. If only there was an option to code variables.

Look into it BuildBox.

dotcasualgames and Shawh like this.
  4. DeadlySeriousMedia

Maybe an option to display all points/coins per session? That would fix the problem.

5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Oh wow. I didn't even think that would happen - but it does. I've just been trying to test the scores and the only way around it, is to have a special bonus set of coins to collect (which I guess why the game Dragonlings I think) has bonus stars aside from the normal stars.

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

so... if I understand what you are explaining... this should be working... is this a 2.2.5 bug? have you got with support on this?

dotcasualgames likes this.
  7. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

It doesnt seem so. But for me - my bonus level is made of 2 parts because I couldnt find another way around the checkpoint placing my character back BEFORE the bonus level icon(meaning that i just repeated the bonus level over and over).

Start normal level - score 100 - jump into bonus level and score 50 - start next level with just 50 points (should be 150).

dotcasualgames likes this.
  8. dotcasualgames

dotcasualgames Boxer

Was this ever resolved? :)