Revenue?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by colette_levesque, Apr 27, 2017.

?

Anyone making decent money with Buildbox?

1. < $10 / month

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. $10 - $100 / month

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. $100 - $500 / month

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. $500 + /month

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

Anyone making decent money with their Buildbox game(s)?

0 =
    < $10 / month
    1 = $10 - $100 / month
    2 = $100 - $500 / month
    3 = $500 + /month

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  2. happydays

happydays Boxer

Released my first game last month on the AppStore and did a advertising campaign though Instagram, Spent around $250 in advertising and made around $200 in ad revenue. I was only using AdMob ads at the time so I believe I could have made more if I implemented HeyZap in the Beginning. My IAP sales were $40 for the month, so I made $240 before spending, After spending = $10. Revenue has gone down recently as I accidentally uploaded a new update with a visual bug that ruined traffick. I say advertising is a big factor in pointing people toward your way and increasing revenue.

3. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

You should re phrase your question.
    Is anyone making money with there games?
    Doesn't matter what you use to make games.
    If your games good it will make money. If it's crap it won't.
    Of course some extra features in buildbox would be great but there's plenty of buildbox games getting featured.
    I'm sure there making some money. Probably short term for the time it's featured.
    But wash rinse repeat and do it again every month and you will have a steady income.

4. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

Thanks for your input adrogdesigns. Referring to your wash rinse repeat comment, you suggest making new games regularly to make steady income? Thanks again for the reply.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  5. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

NAME OF YOUR GAME?

6. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

Yea sure. You can't rely on that one game to make you money. Everything has a life span, except if you can make something as successful like crossy roads or clash of clans for example.

colette_levesque likes this.
  7. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

So it's worth to implement 2 ad platforms or you think HeyZap has the best chance of generating money? Aw sorry to hear your new update affected your traffic! darn. I am about to work on my first game and i will make sure to include an ad platform. I just research which ones are effective for games and have a history of performing better.

8. happydays

happydays Boxer

HeyZap allows you to choose from majority of the Ad providers and has simple sdk instructions. The providers I use are HeyZap, AdMob, UnityAds, AppLovin, and ChartBoost. You don't need all of them but I like having more opportunities of increasing my revenue.

Johnny Jump and Friends
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/johnnyjump-and-friends/id1215465353?ls=1&mt=8

9. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

Have people seen better results releasing on iOS over Android? I wonder if it's worth the effort to release for other platforms too.

10. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

by the way what is your actual age be honest

11. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

Who's age?

12. happydays

happydays Boxer

I'm 18(don't see a factor in age, experience is better), purchased Buildbox about a month ago. I made JohnnyJump in a few hours after seeing Flakey twist and had it up on the AppStore in 2 days to try to get into the trend($500 giveaway). I didn't succeed as much as I thought. I am now done with JohnnyJump and Friends promotion and marketing. I made a instagram account for a "website" and it has over 2,400 followers, which I can direct towards my future games. Name of instagram account is @JohnnyJumptheGame

Google play vs AppStore- I heard google play has more active "gamers" and more people own androids now than before. Google is also only $25 compared to apples annual $100. But big publisher companies mainly post on the AppStore. I believe ketchapp, and appsolute games only upload on the AppStore and not on google play.

colette_levesque likes this.
  13. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

I think it's great you're taking action by making games and also doing your research and experimentation. I also thank you for sharing your experiences. It's very useful and interesting. I never thought of making an Instagram account for a game.

14. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

I think a good computer is also a must?Which one do u use pls tell all specs I need to buy and I will compare and tell the price too!

15. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

16. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

I don't think you need a FANTASTIC computer. I have a mac mini and have no issues running buildbox, photoshop and illustrator all at once. It's a couple of years old already. I have a $4000 Mac setup at work if I ever decide I want to get fancy with premiere/after effects or 3d /video software. It's not necessary though. A mac mini is fine in my opinion.depending on what you'll be doing. Let us know what you end up buying! :)

17. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

Sure but can you please tell me your Mac mini specs?

18. happydays

happydays Boxer

I have a MacBook Pro that I got in 2012, cost around $1,200. Any Apple laptop/desktop (2014-present) you buy will have the capabilities to run a big BuildBox project. I run games off of steam and only have to tone down a few things, I also mined bitcoin with my laptop a few years ago and no problems occurred with the hardware.

19. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

I'll let you know Sunday. I'm away until then..

20. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

Sure thanks!