Reset Checkpoint - Admob Ads Issues

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by megadeth_train, Oct 5, 2016.

1. megadeth_train

megadeth_train Boxer

Hi all,
    I finished designing my game and there are some issues I couldn't handle it

1- reset checkpoint to start the game from the beginning

I made a restart button at the Main Menu UI when I press it it's only reloads the main menu and when press play button the game starts from the last checkpoint.
    I tried put the restart button in the game field UI it works and bring the character to the beginning of the game (noting that the warning message didn't popup for me "You will lose the saved data in your game!" ).
    my question is there a particular screen I must put the restart button on to make it works as I desire or what, and how to show the warning message?

2- Admob ads

I put the IDs for both Banner and Interstitial ads in the setting boxes and added Admob to priority fields, and marked the screens which I want the ads to be shown in, when I export the game and made the apk file then installed it on my devices the ads didn't show
    my question does Admob ads require the game to be published first on google play to be shown or I missed something.

Sorry if my questions were kinda stupid.
    thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

The restart button... Is it a "restart checkpoint" button? What you describe above sounds like it is set to that...

If you want the player to start over just route a navigation button set to default to your world and make sure there is a "set checkpoint" right at the beginning so it starts the checkpoint progress over again at that first one...

Then if you want the player to be able to start where they left off, you would use the button you are already describing...

megadeth_train likes this.
  3. megadeth_train

megadeth_train Boxer

Thanks for your reply Heath, I'll try it once I reach home.