Randomize Scenes

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AndyG, Feb 1, 2016.

1. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Is there any method to control the number of total times randomization of scenes occurs?

Example: I have 10 scenes. All Randomized. Can I control that say after a total of 20 scenes has been shown to the gamer the game completes (Game Over scene/Next world etc)?

2. steve

steve Avid Boxer

If say each of your scenes was 500 pixels long. Then set all the randomized ones up with a start of 0 and end 10000. Then setup a scene with start 10000 end -1 that takes them to either the next world, game over etc.

3. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

And that can occur automatically after a total of 20 randomized scenes have been shown?

4. steve

steve Avid Boxer

20 x 500 = 10000. So when it hits that point it will no longer show the randomized scenes and will move on to you end scene, which you can use to send the player wherever you want.

So change the 10000 figure to be whatever 20 times your scene length is. If the scenes are of different lengths you could do something similar by averaging out the lengths, but you wouldn't necessarily always get the end scene after exactly 20 scenes, as it would depend upon which scenes had been randomly selected.

tomwhite3d and AndyG like this.
  5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

ah ok I've got you. Understand the solution now. Thanks for the info @steve :)