question for zig zag preset PLZ HELP!!!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by somar271995, Jun 21, 2016.

1. somar271995

somar271995 Boxer

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me in regards to the zig zag preset. I was wondering if its possible for the preset to be modified (or if build box in general can do this). Can the character move Exactly like the character in this game? As well as the camera moment following the actual character. Here is the link to the game:

I would GREATLY appreciate any help or pointers in the right direction. Thank you.

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Absolutely. Pull out Zig Zag template and then adjust the Game Frame (that little square looking icon at the top right when you are editing the Game Scene. make it very narrow so camera will move left and right and make sure walls are gray, not orange or red (click on it to change). Now if you have bigger background than the screen size then it will move as camera follows character.

jcalle likes this.
  3. somar271995

somar271995 Boxer

Thank you very much for replying. Is this what you meant by the game frame:

[​IMG]

I just had another question if you could help me I would greatly appreciate it. What other settings would I have to change to make it like the game in the video? Do I have to change the game direction? What about the placement of the walls to mimic the game in the video? Everything would have to be at an angle? Any more help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

You're on the right track with that game frame, just make it even smaller, center it on your character.... Just take those grey walls and rotate them, copy them with WASD and just put together your scene any way you like... Just like in that game above... Just don't be as boring... That looked like a 5 minute replay of the same 12 seconds...