Publish App Without Xcode?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by wgoodpaster, Jan 17, 2017.

1. wgoodpaster

wgoodpaster Boxer

Hey all.
    I have several games which work perfectly within Buildbox, and have been trying to upload their builds to iTunes Connect following Buildbox's instruction page on this to the letter. I have had a myriad of problems with Xcode: attempting to test the games on my phone from within Xcode returns a blank screen, running the simulator also returns a blank screen, and validation/exporting to iTunes Connect from within Xcode gives a "success" message, but nothing shows up on the other end. I have tried building the app on Xcode and submitting it through Application Loader, which caused a build to appear in iTunes Connect, but said build generated in xCode was not functional in the slightest; same blank screen when I tried to run it in Testflight. My versions of xCode and Buildbox are current. Basically, whenever any aspect of my game even touches xCode it ceases to function. I am thoroughly disgusted with xCode and am wondering if there is any way to build my BB files for export without it. Thank you for reading, love this community and would appreciate any help!!!

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

What version of Buildbox are you using? Please include the build number (from the Buildbox -> About Buildbox window).

3. wgoodpaster

wgoodpaster Boxer

Hi thanks for replying!
    I am on version 2.2.8, and the build is "B#1360"

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Hmmm... this doesn't really make sense.

1) How many atlases do you have? If too many it won't run in Xcode and possibly not on a device, but it doesn't sound like you are describing a crash.

2) You could try to just create a new file with a preset, make no changes and then export and try in Xcode. See if you get any different preferably working result.

If those ideas don't bear any fruit then I think your best off to email support@buildbox.com, there is some strange deeper issue here or some license issue most likely.

5. wgoodpaster

wgoodpaster Boxer

My main game that I was attempting to export may have had that issue, however I tried your unaltered preset idea and got the same result. I'm going to email them, thanks for trying to help!