Problems with checkpoint in version 2.1.0

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by andreas_kviby, Jun 7, 2016.

1. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

Hey
    I just made our first game and when we test it now some strange things happen which I hope someone can explain to me what I did wrong.

1) When the player reached Session Distance by 20,000 points we setup it's function to START CHECKPOINT and send them to level 2. This works but when they restart the game they are back on level 1 again... I want them to start on the last finished level whenever they start the game.

2) We play with gravity so that we flip the gravity just like in Geometry Dash but sometime when you skip to another level the gravity is not set to the worlds gravity but to the last game play change settings so the character just flies from the button to the sky and disappears and you can't control it.

Any ideas?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

this is how start checkpoint functions, if you want them to skip to the next checkpoint, you will have to change it to next checkpoint, also, do you have a checkpoint set up for them to touch on the level you send them to? How are you sending them there without next checkpoint? If not, the last checkpoint they touched is where they will start...
    this is odd... are they indeed starting at the start scene of the next world or are they being transported to a checkpoint? I wonder if that has something to do with it.. not sure...just brainstorming, but a workaround may be to just put a gameplay transform at the beginning of the next level so that it get changed manually

3. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

If I place the gravity normalizer in the start of all worlds it works. The checkpoint issue is strange, I want the player to get to the level where the last was, they are always transported to the first level when restarting / killing the game and restarting it.

4. heathclose

define "level", do you mean world or scene?

5. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

World, sorry... maybe it is easier to use the unlock world function?

6. heathclose

do you have checkpoints on other worlds? and is your start button set to start checkpoint?

7. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

Hey, no the START button is not set to start checkpoint. Is it because of this that it is restarting level 1 all the time?

8. heathclose

what is it set to

9. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

Ok, I just set the START button on the start screen to START CHECKPOINT and then on World 2 and so on do I need to have some NEXT CHECKPOINT action in the beginning or how can I assure that the players get to the right and last played checkpoint when restarting the game?

10. heathclose

bb2 saves a players checkpoint info, so when the character crosses a checkpoint action, that checkpoint is stored as the most recent checkpoint crossed. Anytime a "start checkpoint" is used, it is the stored checkpoint that it goes to ... test it out

11. andreas_kviby

andreas_kviby Avid Boxer

heathclose likes this.