Problem With Android And Heyzap Export-admob Not Working

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by volcank, Aug 7, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Andy There is a serious problem with Android export and heyzap. The Admob banner and full screen ads are basically not working.

I am using BB 2.2.9. I am aware that I need to use the latest BB 2.2.9 RC but that one is version 9 I guess and I could make it work yesterday but couldn't make it work today.

I now used my old system which is 2.2.9 using Heyzap Unified platform which works fine for me. But yet still even I tested one of my old games which I have uploaded to Google play a few weeks ago was working fine. But now when I export the same game with same process that I did still Admob ads are not showing. I also realised just a few minutes ago all the modules in my Buildbox versions that I opened updated. Is there a change in Heyzap SDK? Right now the most stable one working for me is the below link:

https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_setup_and_requirements_unified

I also could make it work the following Android set ups yesterday.

https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_setup_and_requirements

So don't know why Admob now do not work. I would appreciate the help.

I know I asked this in another forum but thought could be better if I shared the problem here for everyone. Did you try to build a game using heyzap recently also @Christoph ? I would appreciate your help on this. Maybe another great tutorial or an update ;)

Also I was just checking version 2.3 it looks great only I realised a serious bug in character selection. I unlock my characters through rewarded video ads using heyzap. I tested it in my mac and evet I unlock a new character the game continues to show the first character. So I can not play with other characters once they are unlocked with rewarded ads. Btw which SDKS I should use with 2.3 when testing heyzap? 10 or 9? Thank you. You can check the original game below. IT works fine with other networks except Admob.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.volkan.animefidgetspinnerlove

You can unlock new fidget spinners but when I tested the same project in 2.3 it doesn't work. This one at store is exported from 2.2.9 with Unified Platform 10.

Also another thing when I open a new Buildbox project it keeps downloading the modules even it has downloaded before.

Kind Regards

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Every time you switch builds of that same version of Builbox the modules will re-download. So I suspect you have multiple versions of 2.2.9 installed and you don't realize you are switching. This could be why you are having the ad network problems.

Also, even HeyZap does not suggest using SDK 10 at all. So I would switch SDK 9. That is what we are supporting going forward long term.

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok I understand yes i have now like 3 versions of 2.9 including the latest one which is called 2.2.9rc1. Which one shoyld I continue with? I used sdk 10 because at @Christoph 's tutorial it said from 2.2.8 and above we should use sdk10 that was why the reason. But if you say sdk 9 will also work so i will use it. Btw all other networks are working except admob. Also it worked for ios only didn't work for android.

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The RC1 version is identical and the same as the full release. It's the exact same binary. The build number from the About screen should be "2.2.9 B#1704". The 1704 signifies you have the correct version.

volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok thank you I will go with that version and try to make it work. Also at heyzap android integration it says sdk version 9.12.4 for beta and 9.11.5 for non beta. And at 2.2.9 rc version it says updated to sdk 9.10.2.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

As said in the other thread, just use SDK 9 which is the one that already comes with 2.2.9. But I see it seems you already saw this post. :) Hope it will work, let us know.

volcank likes this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

I was replying to your other comment in another post :) yes I will go with 9 and will share the results.

Christoph likes this.
  8. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Andy @Christoph

Hi I tried many many times today and seems the export with heyzap with the latest "2.2.9 B#1704" didn2't give any positive result with Android.

1-The rewarded video buttons were invisible all the time where as whenever I exported with previous version of 2.2.9 and used SDK 10 it was much more stable. But when I used a VPN server and switched back to US the rewarded video buttons were visible which don't make sense since the adnetworks I use have quite good fillrate. (vungle,chartboost,unity and admob) Also the buttons are always visible in my country when I used unified platform. Only problem is Admob banner and intersitials are never shown nor I can not see any impressions at Admob dashboard.

2-I am sure Heyzap changed something somewhere so that is why Admob ads are not showing.

3-I also tried to delete the heyzap in eclipse inside libs that is included in export and reimport the SDK that I downloaded from Heyzap for both SDK9 and SDK 10 version. It changed nothing as well for both of them.

I am not much of a coder but seems the issue is either with the SDK inside Buildbox or the Heyzap themselves. I just wanted to inform you with these issues. Altough SDK 9 is said to be more stable in my case SDK10 is more stable. But yet still I am looking and investigating and hoping to solve the problem.

Other than that like 3 days ago I could make the unified platform work seamlessley with IOS so I don't touch that yet. At IOS Admob and all other netwoks just work fine.

I have also emailed them yesterday but there is not an answer yet.

Hope my feedback might be useful.

Thank You.

Christoph likes this.
  9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Christoph @Andy OK today heyzap 9 seems more stable so I will go with SDK 9 as it is suggested by Buildbox and heyzap. No matter what I do I couldn'T make admob to show banners. I could only made it show but manually adding a banner id inside buildbox but even then the banner didn't show ads but a text saying. "Missing AdActivity with android.configChanges in AndroidManifest.xml" Going with rewarded ads and full screen ads of vungle, chartboost and unity. I wonder if there is another way of showing banner ads. Maybe applovin??

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Applovin has banners now. Yes. Facebook as well. And what do you mean today heyzap 9 seems more stable?

volcank likes this.
  11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

I mean yesterday the buttons were not showing at all no matter how long I wait. Today it showed right away! I thougt it was a problem rather than fillrate issue. Hmm I couldn't see a button at heyzap dashboard to turn on and off banner. Do you think it is possible to do so???

Also another thing I realised I saw a total revenue of 137 dollars at fyber dashboard saying last 2 weeks. Is that a revenue from heyzap/fyber or showing the total revenue of other mediated adnetworks?? Please check the screenshot. Thank you.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Christoph likes this.
  12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I can't see the screenshot but yes, the amount at the top is from fyber/heyzap only. The one they can pay you out directly. And I don't think you can disable banners from within the dashboard. But I guess when you disable them from facebook or applovin directly they won't appear either since there is nothing to show.

volcank likes this.
  13. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Interesting because at heyzap dashboard my earning is 0 and at fyber it is 137. I was actually asking if there is a way to show applovin banner with heyzap. I didn't see a button so I am not sure if it shows the banner auto from applovin. HAve you been able to show banner from Applovin through heyzap?? Thank you!

I also just tried Applovin with heyzap 9 and encountered this problem saying

Conversion to Dalvik format failed: Unable to execute dex. method ID not in (0,0xfff):65536

Do you know why this happens?? I also encountered this problem when I also tried to integrate facebook SDK. @Christoph

14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think this is the error of having too many methods added. It's not a problem of neither of the ad networks. In Eclipse there is no way to use multiplex so you need to delete some methods. The easiest way to do this is to delete some of the Google Play Services which you don't need:
    1. go to the google-play-service-lib project folder (in your explorer/finder)
    2. go to the libs folder
    3. unzip the file google-play-services.jar
    4. go in the the unzipped folder and remove all folders that you don't need (for example: maps, wallet, drive, etc.)
    5. zip again such a folder (that now contains only the needed libraries) together with the MANIFEST folder
    6. use such new jar with your project.

Regarding the banners:
    I thought about it again and you can actually disable banners withing Heyzap dashboard (Mediation Settings). Just go to the individual setups and disable them. Then save. You are right, Applovin does not work with banners yet within Heyzap (you should setup them for your rewarded videos though, in my experience they give the highest ECPM). For Banners I see admob, facebook, mopub...

volcank likes this.
  15. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hmm ok thank you so much! That is really helpful! I will now try your method. Btw how we can compress as .jar a file at mac. Is there a software to do so or is it something we can do auto? or can I .zip the file and change the extension to .jar?

I was gonna ask it. How bout mopub? I just setup my account at mopub tonight but then gave up. I thought I should focus on what I have.Have you tried mopub? Also is it easy to implement? Also how about the fill rates of mopub. Thank you!

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think yes, just change zip to jar. :) And about mopub... well, I heard from an indirect source that this is what the big players like Fortafy use (I think I have also seen somewhere an interview where they talk about their special relationship). I think also someone told me that the guys of damn daniel, juju on the beat and catch me outside use them and get an ECPM of up to $15. But I set it up for one of my games and the ECPM was really bad. I mean really really bad. It just stayed on like $1.50. So they might be a very good option but you need a direct deal with them which is difficult to get. I wrote them several times and never got back from them even though we offered several hundred thousand impressions per day. You probably need several millions impressions to wake them up... lol. Fill rates should be great with all those networks. Wouldn't worry too much.

17. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Christoph Man Thank you so much! You are a rock star you know! With your help I could make it work! Thank you so much for all your patience and what can I say!! I could implement Admob (couldn't see and admob ad yet but still good to see others are working), Vungle, Applovin, Unity, Facebook and Chartboost work. I really do appreciate a lot your patience and support!!!

Christoph likes this.