Powerups For Purchase In Shop And Available As Pick Up

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by jnewc54, Aug 19, 2022.

1. jnewc54

jnewc54 Boxer

So, I'm still learning Buildbox 3....i'm making a 2D platformer game and I was hoping someone could help me out. I have three power-ups. The power-ups will be for purchase in my shop with in-game currency and I will also have them available in the game as pick-ups. I have the three icons placed in the shop for purchase, the icons placed in the game for pick up, and i have the icons/buttons placed on my UI screen. I've hooked up the nodes for the pick up but it doesn't work correctly. i'm using send and receive nodes, and the pickups display the button icons on the UI screen when they are picked up but they wont activate the power up. Also the power-up stays on the screen temporarily if not used. I want the icons/buttons to stay on the UI screen until the player is ready to activate it. I'm trying to keep this simple, no counter or inventory systems is needed for the power-ups....the player uses a power-up and then has to start over again either re-purchasing it in the shop or picks it up again in the game. Is there an easy way to do this without code, and using just nodes? thanks in advance!

2. Moaula

Moaula Boxer

i have done what you are trying do, however, I did not manage to do it without coding