Post score to a private website... is it possible?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by outacode, Apr 15, 2016.

1. outacode

outacode Boxer

Hi everybody,
    I'm evaluating BB for a commercial project, but the client asked me a couple of requirements:
    A) The player's score has to be sent to his site so they can manage the leaderboard.
    B) The game should be played for free for, lets say, the first level, then the player has to enter a code to go on with full game.
    Is BB the right tool? or is too much predefined?

thanks for your support

Jack

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

This is not a feature of BB, this would take after-export coding.
    I think this would be doable as an in app purchase... let's see if others chime in....

3. outacode

outacode Boxer

Thank you heathclose,
    you mean that to send the score you need to put your hand to code in Xcode or Visual C? is it so easy? I mean; is the BB code result so clear to be manipulated? thats a great news.
    thanks

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

I would not think it is possible unless you hack something serious in BB. I call it hack as this is not documented nor supported and might be a huge challenge to do so. Btw on AppStore (Game Center) you can manage scores, or at least you can delete rogue scores and ban users who are trying to cheat with fake score reports...

@heathclose: was not this part of BB2 feature set?

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I haven't played with the unlocks yet, can it be done with an IAP?

Edit: real money IAP...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  6. sizn

sizn Boxer

I'm new to BB, but after export you'd have to find where the score is being set in the exported source code (assuming objective C/swift in xcode) and then write some functionality to send the score to the clients website.

This assumes the client's website can accept scores. If not he'll probably need you to write him a web service and have some kind of database for the scores.

7. outacode

outacode Boxer

Thanks for all the answers. It seems to me that it is quite complex, especially when compared with the great advantage of BB towards other tool, simplicity and speed.