Pls Help

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by GustyHyena, Oct 20, 2020.

1. GustyHyena

GustyHyena Boxer

I am using BB2 and my jump button works great and has no flaws when I test it on my Mac in preview mode, however when I export it to test it on my iPhone sometimes the jump button randomly stops working, when I tap the jump button I can see that its being clicked but the character will not jump until I exit the game and restart or die and get a game over. This never happens on my Mac but only my phone, I have an iPhone 8. everything else works great except for the jumping. I have tried tweaking the ground threshold, I changed collision shapes, I've made a new character, it still keeps happening. pls help.

2. GustyHyena

GustyHyena Boxer

pls help me

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

can you record some footage and upload it? I haven't used BB2 for ages but is there any kind of threshold delay in the jump? Or a cooldown between jumps? Or did you limit to a single jump?

It *sounds* like it could be an issue with the collision shape of your character. Check that the shape is the right size and makes actual contact with the ground, or that it's not too big that it overlaps with everything - this will certainly create issues. Take a look in debug view to get a better understanding of what actually is going on in the editor

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Just a quick idea, Double check your UI Button for "jump" as on a phone screen it may of moved If "Stick To Edge" is [ON / OFF].

5. sharma.shivam

sharma.shivam Avid Boxer

Some suggestions:- In character setting make sure that jump counter is 0.
    jump from ground is unchecked
    and in game ui screen the jump button is bigger than screen and does not have stick to edge.