Offering Free Art For Fellow B-Boxers

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AppNasty, Apr 21, 2016.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

To help BBox community out, im offering my services for free. Need logos done? want a cool artsy menu for your game? maybe character design? Haven't really got into animating images but i may be able to do that too. Anything you want done let me know. Better than using internet found stuff lol. Can do backgrounds etc.

Heres some art ive done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    trudnai, jcalle, drew and 2 others like this.
  2. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

DO YOU NOT VALUE YOUR SKILLS???? DO NOT WORK FOR FREE!!!!!

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

lol its better to work for free and have your name on book covers and in games, then get paid a few measly bucks and end up not getting your work in those things because a developer or publisher chose someone else. The thing is, there are a million artists. and many can do better than you. gotta grab opportunity while its there. if i put that i charge, people wont reply. no one wants to spend money lol. *wink*

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    Sporty, Wings n Armor and Kadri246 like this.
  4. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

wow so humble

AppNasty likes this.
  5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

i love creating art. even more then that, i love helping others succeed. From home i do free computer repair on craigslist....free website design, logo and business cards....mainly for single person who operate their own tiny bizz and cant always afford stuff like this. same with pc repair...90% of the people who come to me to fix their computer are generally poor folk. beat up car....1998 computer. anyways...im addicted to it. getting involved. helping out. i dont have many talents and the ones i do have dont do much for others. its easy to use BB and make a hit game. we all know this is true like 40 times over. soooooo....if i can help someone achieve that, mission accomplished. which is also why ive been uploading other peoples games to my store that cannot get a google or ios account for whatever reason.
    so, with that said....ALLOW ME TO DRAW YOU A STINKIN PICTURE lol.

i think i made my point.
    [​IMG]

Sporty and Nick H like this.
  6. VectologyGames

You do not understand. You're driving down the value of artist around the world with this sort of logic. You need to do this sort of thing in private. Graphic design is a business to business service (which means both parties are trying to make a profit). Why are you selling yourself short?

AppNasty likes this.
  7. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

i see your point. perhaps elsewhere i would refrain from doing it free. but here on BB forums, im out solely to help BB and small designers. theres a million places where developers are seeking art. so it literally isnt effecting anything.

8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

best thing i can say is if im doing it free, beat me. people would rather pay for awesome artists like yourself, versus my junk. even though its free, they want the best. if youre better than i am, and i think you are, then you have nothing to worry about. nor does other artists. or, seek pay from the 100,000 other places where devs are seeking art. bb isnt the only option. but you got mad skills. so they would definitely chose to pay you versus my free garbage.

EDIT: Also one could say what you said about BB. if they decided to give the software away for free....as in, they made enough money etc...made it free...one could argue it damages the game dev industry. with its simplicity to be able to create quality games without programming.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  9. drew

drew Boxer

Nice art. This is a very cool thing for you to do

AppNasty likes this.
  10. VectologyGames

There is no such thing as "Made enough money".

AppNasty likes this.
  11. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

EDIT: Added more art examples.

Businesses do this all the time though. I get what your saying. But I have done a lot for myself and opened up many opportunities doing this. It's a strategy. And it works. If there is an artist who makes a full on living doing it, nothing I do will every get in their way. I'm not at that level. I mean, I've done some book covers for published authors....and I've done tons of art for others and got paid...but this helps me get out there and my name circulatiing. One day....no doubt.....I will be in your shoes and seeing other artists do free work will become a problem. But not if they are lowly artists like I am now. The small guy cannot get in the big guys way. And IF the small guy does one day, then the small guy isn't small anymore. ;)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  12. jbross

jbross Avid Boxer

I admire your honesty, and I think it is a good thing you are doing. Who knows maybe I may need you one day right? Thanks, jbr

AppNasty likes this.
  13. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I'm 90% sure I've seen that deadpool pic somwhere...

AppNasty likes this.
  14. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

You probably did. When I made it I had it all over imgur, reddit etc my Deadpool Diaries fb page...everyhere.