objects and emitters

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Kadri246, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

I have objects with steam effects in a project, the first object loads the emitters perfectly, but the others are loading with the emitters behind the object. In the default animation, the emitters are actually placed before the object. In the previous build this worked perfectly and never crashed, now I'm experiencing crashes.

2. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

As seen below. This is also how it also appears in the apk build. However, the previous build this worked perfect.

Screenshot-1136x640-2016-04-07-10.55.29AM.png Screenshot-1136x640-2016-04-07-10.55.52AM.png

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Check the z-order in your BBDOC. We fixed an issue where particles were not layering properly when placed behind objects. Please send details on the crash to support@buildbox.com.

4. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

@Andy, the particles aren't added to the game editor with objects which are listed in order. I added them to the default animation. This method worked in the previous build and is best for reusing objects with the same effects.

The object loads perfect with the effects, but as it is copied further into the scene, the particles appear behind the object.
    Below is the exact way the object is in the default animation editor, this is how it loads the first time, when it shows up other times during gameplay the effects are loaded behind. As I said, the previous version of BB2 worked perfectly.
    I've sent the bbdoc for review.

Untitled.jpg

5. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

Ok @Andy I found the solution. The problem is that the object must be deleted from the scene, then added back for it to appear as it was created. Maybe a bug? I don't know, but it's still good that I discovered this after only building 4 levels lol

So moving from the previous version to the current does break some functionality. Not a 'kill-cow' if you haven't created many levels as yet.

6. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

Ok I spoke too fast. I think you guys should check the bbdoc file I sent.

7. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

Here's the problem @Andy. The effects work perfectly when I increase the Back Deletion Threshold in the worlds. So it has to do with reloading the objects.

Untitled.jpg