Object And Brainbox Definitions Are Different

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by dray563, Jan 2, 2020.

1. dray563

dray563 Boxer

I'm new Buildbox and just getting my feet wet with tutorials (BB3). I was following along with the basic tutorial () and I am noticing differences. A pretty simple function (adding a rectangle and changing its color) is much more laborious. If I add a rectangle from the asset library, it doesn't come with a 3D Model, but instead comes with an Animation. If I add the 3D Model to change the color, it doesn't change. If I delete the Animation, the shape loses all form. I can add a mesh, but the Plane mesh (as shown in the tutorial) gives a figure rotated in a different plane, so it's completely absent from the plane (object exists, but has no shape). I have to change it to a cube to make it work, and NOW I have a rectangle whose color I can change. The same is true for all other shapes, but the 3D meshes come with shadows. So if I want them colorless, I have to open the node map and change the material to shadeless. And I can't even make a hexagon (without some fancy rectangle finagling) because a 3D mesh for a hexagon doesn't exist. I also noticed that I don't have the Defeat brainbox, which seems pretty essential to me (but I did find a Defeat node in the node map content, so perhaps that will work for me).

Is there a way for me to add Brainboxes? How do I fix the issue with the objects from the library not importing with simple shapes (as shown in the tutorial) that allow me to quickly and efficiently change their color?

Thanks for any help.