No More Permanent Licenses For Buildbox ?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Qdeveloper, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Hi,

I was discussing with my friend today about game development and about game engines in the market that don't need to code your game, I have told him about BuildBox he checked the website, But he didn't like the current subscription module for 99$ per month, I told him there is another option to get the full licence but with higher price, He told me there is not, I quickly checked the buildbox website and me myself have surprised for such a change without any news coverage ? So no more full license options for buldbox 2 or 3? I hope buildbox team will not drop the full license module for BB3, If they did, I think I will only stay with BB2, 99 per month will be too much on the long run, I don't like to pay for a period of time for a tool I may get busy to use it..

https://www.buildbox.com/license-options/

2. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I think it was 999$ per year so it was cheaper than 1188$ (12 x 99).
    For me monthly sub is the best solution because I can hire a license to do some projects time to time but for longtime users annual license would be better, I agree.

Qdeveloper likes this.
  3. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

+Subscription is also better because you get free upgrades (e.g Buildbox 2 --> Buildbox 3)

Qdeveloper likes this.
  4. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I don't mind to pay subscription module, but for 99$!! per month, This too much, And also this giving me impressions the tool always require internet, This already something I wish buildbox team fix. Sometimes I need to develop a game without internet connection, I thought this already work with the full license when I bought BB2.

So officially, I should consider Full License will not be available as an option in future? @Andy

5. Appymes

Appymes Avid Boxer

Buildbox is very expensive. That's true.

But no tool does what Buildbox does, that's also true.

Deliverbo likes this.
  6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

We are only offering subscriptions at this time. I don't know if this will change in the future. All paid subscriptions get updates to new versions with no additional fees.