My First Mobile Game In Alpha On Google Play.

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by jerry, Aug 24, 2016.

1. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

I got the iOS version down to 8mb. WHA! Not going to do much else with this game. I have others that I'm working on that are for me!! This was a great experience going through the motions of setting up both google and on iTunes. Will release them. I still need to put together a video yet. Hopefully can do something this weekend.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That's why on older devices it doesn't open at all. 4s is out. Not sure about the 5 and the 5c. On the 5s it needs ages to load. But this is with my own game as well and it only is 12MB if I remember well...

3. Pixelateddaddy

Pixelateddaddy Boxer

can someone link a video to how to optimize and clear up atlases please??? I have way too many and don't know why but I also scaled everything.

4. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Even on my iPhone 6 and my friends iPhone se it loads too late.

5. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I changed my game design and thats why i have 31 atlases. The object, character, backgrounds from previews design are still there. In atlases i click to an atlas which i want to delete then i click to optimize and rebuild but nothing changes. The number of atlases are same. Any suggestions?

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It should remove everything but the backgrounds. Old backgrounds can't be deleted right now. It is a known bug and Sean from support told me that it will be fixed in Buildbox 2.3.

7. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

thanks for reply Christoph, it says optimised number of sprites: 15 but nothing changes at all. That atlas is still there.

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This means that 15 images were deleted. If you still have more images that need the space of several atlasses, then it won't reduce the number of course. And if the image doesn't get deleted then it means somewhere you are still using it. As far as I know, the only bug is with the old background images that are not deleted. I even reported this to support and could reproduce it 100% with my own game. I deleted all scenes and worlds but 1. Then I deleted all objects, actions, characters and backgrounds. The only thing left in the atlasses after optimizing were the backgrounds. So not sure what your problem is.

Nihat likes this.
  9. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I am sure that i am not using them anymore. Not only backgrounds everything left in the atlas. You said that it means 15 images deleted but in atlas than images are still visible. And the amount of atlases aren't decreased.