My First Game

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Bog13, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Bog13

Bog13 Boxer

Hello guys,

I just added my first game. Really excited about it " https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zzzgames.virusrunner " . Hope you guys with a bit more experience will have a look and give me a few pointers. For the newbies like myself with no coding experience I will run over 2 big issue that I had encountered and hope this will help someone.
    First issue I had was - A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0xbad0bad1 in tid 17818 (GLThread 34117), pid 12615 -
    Here I got some good news and bad news.
    The good news is that it can be fix the bad news is that you have to update to latest buildbox version, and if that doesn't fix the issue you have to redo the game in the new version by exporting assets form your old game into the new (that worked in my case at least. I think it might be because I made the game in an old version and when I was done, that's when I bought the subscription for buildbox and maybe something went wrong there, again it's just an opinion and I don't have no coding knowledge so I might be wrong here)
    Second issue was that the testing ads was working but after the game has been published by google play the real ads would not work (remember real ads work only after the game has been published as far as I know), in my case it was an easy fix, I just did pay much attention at first and I did not "submit payment method" be aware that you need some money in before you can add bank account details or withdraw money but you have to submit the payment details meaning name, address and a few other details (not bank details, not yet at least) and after one day the ads started to work .
    I had a lot of small issues but I was able to fix them with the help of youtube videos and this forum, some of you guys really help, so thank you.
    I got a few questions for the old guys that do this for a living. I want to start to learn coding, where should I start, what books should I buy and what is the best "coding format" or programming language for buildbox (python-java-C/C++ etc) ??? Thank you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zzzgames.virusrunner

Please leave a positive review. Thanks.