Movements Like Shadows

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by tahirk, Aug 24, 2016.

1. tahirk

tahirk Boxer

I've just started using Buildbox and learning. I loved the different techniques used in Shadows & currently playing on how to achieve these.

I could only check this out through gameplay video as I couldn't find it on App Store. While watching Shadows gameplay, I'm really curious about how they achieve following specific actions:

00:12 - 00:25
    Is it Logic Transform or they are using Paths? I think they are using different objects for those blocks and then transforming the linear velocity for specific blocks. Let me know if this isn't Logic Transform.

00:52 - 01:00
    I don't know how to achieve this. I would love to see your inputs on it.

01:40 - 01:47
    I could get this working (using Logic Transform) but as the camera is moving upward this seems to be scrolling downwards with either side movement. I've tried to decrease the gameplay speed but still it looks a bit weird, moving slightly downwards.

01:56 - 02:07
    Don't have a clue how get this to work.

Really sorry for the long question. I would really appreciate any help.

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

iam not sure how it was achieved but this game was created in bb 1.0 so there is no path involved just play with logic + linear and angular velocity and also spawn that the all things that was used in the game a mix of them you will need to find the ideal recipe to mix all of them to achieve such harmonic gameplay.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
    tahirk likes this.
  3. tahirk

tahirk Boxer

Thanks a lot for the heads up @wesam_badr . Currently, playing with it.