MMO Game

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Vethamagi, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

Hi guys, Can I make a MMO Game with Buildbox?

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Short answer: No
    Buildbox wasn't built for that style of play.

3. BossGames

BossGames Boxer

hey i would recommend unreal engine for that type of game but its not simple software but still has drag and drop system

4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

You forgot the juicy part, Unreal is now FREEEEEEEEE :D - Give buildbox time, it too will go free in near future....

upload_2016-2-25_18-23-35.png

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I'm pretty sure if Buildbox made such a move it would make much more money than now. 5% of Color Switch is probably already more than they made with all sells together. Add some Ball Jump, Sky and and other hit games and you can do the math. Very good strategy that shows the high confident they have in their software and what users can make with it. Unfortunately I can't write a line of code so Unreal isn't an option for me.

6. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Also Unity3D is free! And of course Cocos2D, and.. and.. and... :) Problem is non gets close to BB in terms of drag and drop game creation...

7. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Yup there are a thousand game builders out there but if you want speed and simplicity I don't think you can beat Build Box;)

trudnai likes this.
  8. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Christoph I get your point, but BB made over $1 Million in its first 7 days it launched and much more since then so in order for your math to work, all the games you mentioned would have had to have made $20 million in one week. I know all those games are doing great, but I think BB is making more money charging the fees that they do. Plus there is no guarantee that any of the games will make money so to stake your business model on that is too risky.

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Wow, I didn't know BB was that successful. Then for sure my calculations aren't as interesting for them as I thought they would be. :D I'm surprised though, because they maintain a very small developer team (3 people at the moment?) who keep developing the software which I thought were the main reason for the very few updates it gets. If they had that much money they could develop much faster, couldn't they? Are you sure these numbers are correct?

10. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Christoph I think that number is a low estimate. I think I remember hearing in one of their videos or reading somewhere that during their initial launch they sold around 500 copies of Buildbox. At the time of the launch, I don't remember if they offered subscription. It was either pay in full at $2,675 or make three payments at a high price. If they sold 500 copies at $2,675 that's $1,337,500.