Misalignment In Each Scene..

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Sunguussst, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Sunguussst

Sunguussst Boxer

Fellow boxers,

I'm running into issues with the alignment of each scene, am I the only one?

I'm working on a game where the character goes through a portal to the next scene, the background image is meant to be in the same position for all other scenes, the only moving parts are the obstacles... but each next scene the whole screen moves to either the left of the right, some scenes I have half of the previous or the next scene on view.

Please assist,

Sunguussst

2. Lobsters

Lobsters Boxer

I had this too. I think its to do with static level games and using checkpoints (they dont work well together). I switched the level progress by using points to take the player to the next scene

3. Sunguussst

Sunguussst Boxer

Thank you Lobsters,

I'm assuming that you no longer have the same issue now that you've switched to points?

4. Lobsters

Lobsters Boxer

Yes, the scenes stay aligned now. Although my problem now is saving the users progress when they exit the game and load it up again. This is proving hard without checkpoints.

I'm assuming you are making a static level game? Where the user clears the level and is then taken onto the next scene?

5. Sunguussst

Sunguussst Boxer

Yes, that's the plan. Just found this video from Zack and all the levels align perfectly using the Menu Jump also instead of just checkpoints. Have you tried it before, maybe it could help you on your user progress issue?

Video: