Making A Character Appear At The Touch Point

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by NeilC, Dec 29, 2019.

1. NeilC

NeilC Boxer

Hi Boxers,

I want a character to:
    1. Appear where I touch the screen
    2. Follow my finger while dragging
    3. Disappear when I release my touch
    Setting up 2 and 3 was easy but there doesn't seem to be a standard action/control/movement option for the first requirement.

Does anyone know whether this is possible or not - by any means? If I can't do this then my project is a non-starter so thanks in advance for your help on this.

Cheers!

2. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

There is an asset in asset library in buildbox 3 named Draw ball .Do some changes and use actions onTouch,Touch move etc .Everyone here is still learning new BB3 :)

3. NeilC

NeilC Boxer

Thanks @TheGameAppStudio. I don't see a Draw Ball asset in the Assets Library and I think it's because I have a problem with Buildbox - all I see is a tab called Sprites - I'm assuming what you are referring to is a Smart Asset?

Every time I quit the application, I get this error but it's not actually downloading anything - maybe the Smart Assets are one of these modules?
    upload_2019-12-29_17-18-18.png

4. NeilC

NeilC Boxer

Ok... so the Draw Ball asset (and a whole bunch of other assets) aren't available if you are using a 2D World

5. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

In buildbox 3d when you click on world you will find an option for Shapes and Assets on top.Click on it and you will see inbuilt assets .
    Are you trying this for 2D? if so there is no other way than to explore yourself .

6. NeilC

NeilC Boxer

Yes, 2D. Nothing that I've seen or read explains these are for 3D only. It doesn't do what I need anyway, it appears there is no way to make the character appear/spawn where you touch the screen. A shame.

Thanks for the suggestion and follow-up replies, though!