Make ISO Jump style game character fall

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Nicko1246, May 25, 2016.

1. Nicko1246

Nicko1246 Boxer

I'm making an ISO Jump style game and the character will only travel in a straight line and jump up and down. How can I make it so the character can fall below the platforms to be defeated? Even when the character is moving over a blank space it continues to travel forward without falling down.

2. Nicko1246

Nicko1246 Boxer

Anyone please?

3. gurdippy

gurdippy Boxer

normally when u make iso jump in buildbox 1, the character stand still and the background move (so increase gravity will make it fall). In the iso jump template, the character is moveing iso right. Check the advance move linear velocity settings. (a flying jet cannot jump and fall down) This is where ghost jump comes in, it is to make the flying jet jump, therefore it is easier to do the falling down if u use the first method.

4. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

You can start with the platform template then adjust the game direction to make it iso, how you design your graphics makes it look iso, top down or whatever. Everything is 2 dimensional, the only real differences with ISO and platform are direction, advance move and ghost jump.

5. Nicko1246

Nicko1246 Boxer

Thanks so much for the help @gurdippy and @Kadri246
    I decided to start as a platform template and that's worked out better so far. The problem I'm having though is I erased the function that tells the character to move in a smooth up and down and to the side motion because I only want it to jump upwards, but I can't figure out how to achieve that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. gurdippy

gurdippy Boxer

so u want to make a game like Ball Jump? That is very easy to do.
    1. make sure there is gravity
    2. make sure the game direction is ISO and play with the speed of the background moving.
    3. Keep the jump function from the platform template and delete the rest or u could just assign the whole screen to the jump button in the game field ui.