Make a mega-jump type of coin?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by theoleguina, Apr 7, 2016.

1. theoleguina

theoleguina Boxer

I am trying to make a portrait platformer like the BB game "bounce", but I encounter a problem trying to make an action-coin that gives character movement upwards, defying the gravity, instantly on hit. If you have played Mega Jump you know the how I want the coin to work. I have found a way to give the character speed by using air drag, but when I Hit the coin from above the air drag works in the opposite way, and pushes the character down instead of up. Has anyone got a solution for this and are willing to point me out in the right direction?

Thank you Buildboxers :)

2. Kadri246

Kadri246 Avid Boxer

use path in the logic pane

3. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

It sounds like you just need to add a negative value to your action and the character will go the correct direction. For example, if your air drag is set to 5.00 change it to -5.00.

4. theoleguina

theoleguina Boxer

Thanks for the answers guys, unfortunatly non of the provided answers work.
    I have thought about putting an invisible platform on top of the coin to avoid the problem. Anyone has any other ideas/work arounds?

Path will not solve the problem as I want to be able to move the character while it has the speed from the coin.
    The thing is, the action works fine when i hit it from below. But when I hit it from above it gives me the same speed boost, only downwards. How can I lock it to always give me a bounce/speed increase upwards?

5. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

Hey
    You need to make an action object/item for the character to bounce onto and trigger the boost. Then play with settings in the second column to get the effect you need. If you type in the numbers I have used, you will get the same effect you need. Then you can adjust it, to suit your game.[​IMG]