Make A Koopa Troopa?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by inspiredcontent, Feb 24, 2019.

1. inspiredcontent

inspiredcontent Boxer

I've been bouncing my head off of this for a bit and figured I should pull the car over and ask directions. In Mario, you can hop on the little shitaki mushroom monsters and they disappear, that's pretty straight forward. But those pesky and valuble turtle monsters, now that's something I wanna figure out.

If you walk into them, or they you, you die. You bounce on them though, and they turn into something you can pick up and throw at other enemies. and the picking up doesn't hurt you. Buuut, if you rebound it off a wall it does hurt you. and there is a time limit to how long it remains a shell after it's hit before it turns back into an enemy again.

I need to know how to do this sort of thing for my zombie game idea. I feel like the answer is there in front of me and I'm just missing it. there are demos out there for the hop on enemy to kill or deactivate them, but I'm at a loss about the becoming physics object, then character bullet then potential enemy bullet and a timer to turn back if you are holding it or never pick it up.

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

This video and tutorial from @Christoph should help

3. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

spicedbeangames likes this.