Issue Progressing To Next (?level?)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by tyler michael, Sep 12, 2018.

1. tyler michael

tyler michael Boxer

How can I... might not be the right place to post this and if not i apologize and will gladly repost elsewhere. I am new to game development and self teaching myself as a fun little hobby to kill time and learn something interesting so this may seem like a simple problem to some but to me it's got me baffled and i just want it fixed so i can go back to working on adding other components to the game.

So i have a game i'm working on, kind of a mesh between flappy bird and helix jump to give an idea of what we're talking about. I tweaked something while adding in coins and i can not for the life of me figure out what i adjusted but hoping someone has possibly done the exact same thing and said wtf and figured it out. So the progression from the "start" level to the "1" level "2" level etc etc is glitching out and there is basically an invisible floor at the end of the "start level and the ball won't progress through to level "1" as it was prior to whatever screw up i caused.

Hopefully someone can give me a tip here to fix what i have done and i appreciate any feedback on what to check. Thank you for your time.

2. tyler michael

tyler michael Boxer

Update: i realized i was using the wrong terminology, was half asleep when I posted last night.

When I said "level" I should have been saying "scene" that might help clear any confusion.

Also I restarted from scratch and just transferred over all position scale and rotation numbers and began readding my artwork and so far all testing is working as it should. So I really dont know why the other saved file is not testing properly since the data entries are all the same but if anyone has any ideas I would love to still hear them so I can know for future issues if it ever happens again.