In reply to @mnodl regarding My thouhgts on BB2.0 beta

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by creativesoffice, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

@creativesoffice John, this may be your first time experience with Trey Smith (and Team). Every single product launch over the past 4 years has had bugs that were smoothed out over a period of months, Starting with Project Zero 1/2, Project Mayhem and now Buildbox. They try to get it as perfect as they can, then squash bugs as they pop up and are discovered by users. It's not a perfect system, but it allowed users to design games and get them out there in a very competitive market and start making back money spent. In the early days with Project Zero, I could recoup expenses inside of 2 weeks for every game I released. Those days are gone now. BB2, is way more complicated than PZ1. This is the first time they have released a product as Beta. I suspect because they had a reasonably solid BB1 as part of the package. So you could still be creative and develop games while testing BB2. So, yeah! Early access to BB2 means you are a "Tester". But you have a BB1 to still build games in the mean time. I think that the delay with the full version of BB2 had a lot to do with some software security issues that popped up recently and had to be addressed (if I recall from some other threads) where popular BB games were being stolen and cloned. So, that is a very important issue that I'm sure ALL of us don't mind the delay if it means that this is resolved. So John, you have a choice... either build BB1 games in the interim and avoid the frustration of Beta or ask for a refund and start over when the official launch is done and dusted. But I suspect that you don't have long to wait.

2. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Just get your money back and move on.....

3. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

I believe in the software and what can accomplish ( that's why i sent tons of feedback and such, if i would have not been interested why I would have sent such things? ), have lost of things planned ahead, just need the working one done :) beta 3 was released and so far some things were fixed, moving in the right direction. Hats off for the BB Team on this one so far. Looked for similar software for some time and this one ticks most of the boxes. There always be 2 sides on any situation. My issue was not 1 feature or another that was not ready, i could have still others games made with what is functional but there were random crashing when saving ( project once opened crashed again), random crashing when deleting different assets, open particle window, animation window and such, just moving from screen to screen inside the software. Well those types of bugs don't allow you to have a game from X to Y with Z features that are functional. I can live with teleport not working for example for a while but other bugs needs to be fixed in order to work with the software.

Cheers to all!

nickm33 likes this.