In App Purcahses Different Countries

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ricky_dawn, Dec 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ricky_dawn

ricky_dawn Boxer

Hi all,

I've just watched a video explaining how to add in app purcahses to a game which was easy - however I have a question...

If my app if for sale in all English speaking countries for example, how would I go about changing the price for each country so it matches the countries currency? I would need to change the text, for example 'Buy 10 more Lives for £1.69' would need to change to USD in America.

Would I need to upload different, translated versions of the app for each country with a different currency?

Thanks in advance

Ricky

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

This should be done automatically by AppStore. You set up the price as a "tiers". Each tiers have different pricing for regions or countries. For example Tier 2 is USD $1.99, EUR 1.99€ and JPY ¥240 -- but you have a very long list with that table that includes each and every country where you can sell.

3. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

If I get you right, currency translation is handled by Apple and I think same for Google.
    So for text translation for In-App, that I believe is also handled automatically since for Apple, you must have added a Language when setting up the In-Apps

So for your example, when you entered the text "Buy 10 more Lives for £1.69", you would have selected "English" as language. This is what Apple uses to determine what language the text is and then translates for all countries based on phone's lang settings.