"image Direction" Not Working Properly With Advanced Move Component?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Foulfingers, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Foulfingers

Foulfingers Boxer

Hi.

I'm trying to have my default animation match the direction a character is falling.

I see Image Direction works fine for normal Move Left or Move Right right buttons and faces the default idle animation in the correct direction, even if the character walks off a platform and starts to fall.

Right now I've got a little floating character that uses two Advanced Movement buttons to air jump to either the left or the right.:
    • The Advanced Movement Right button (+X, +Y) correctly plays the jumping right animation up and to the right
    • The Advanced Movement Left button (-X, +Y) correctly plays the jumping left animation, up and to the left. However, after the left jump anim cycle the character immediately goes back to the default facing right idle animation, even though the character is falling through the air downwards to the left.
    The desired result is for the character to be playing the default anim in the same direction the player just jumped and has started to fall, just like it does with the normal Move buttons.

Is there a different method to get this to work? It seems like a bug since it works with normal Move L/R?

Thanks!

2. Foulfingers

Foulfingers Boxer

I figured out a workaround.

I placed a Jump Button covering the whole screen, then put a Move Left and Move Right button covering either side of the screen with "Block Touch Through" unchecked on each. Gives the desired result and Image Direction properly flips the character facing.