I Cannot Test Out The Game Using Xcode

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Janing, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Janing

Janing Boxer

Hi, I exported the game following the same tutorial provided by BuildBox. I tried running the game on XCode simulator but only the loading screen shows up and nothing happens.

I tried connecting my IPhone but whenever I run the app, the loading screen shows up then crashes. Anyone got any idea what I can do?

Here is a screenshot of my game running on simulator but nothing else happening except the thread 1: EXEC_BAD_ACCESS message.

[​IMG]

Jayant Mall likes this.
  2. Janing

Janing Boxer

I cannot build the game on Android either. Anyone got any idea? For Android it shows up bunch of weird Exception which I tried Google but none of their solution worked. They all talked about my AVD being wrong setting but i tried every mentioned changes but it all leads to same problem, the loading screen changes to this screen which shows all game assets. I haven't touched or messed around with any internal setting in BuildBox or after exporting.

[​IMG]

Jayant Mall likes this.
  3. Jayant Mall

Jayant Mall Boxer

I've connected my iPhone and am trying to test the game but all I see is a freaking blank white screen! Help!!!

4. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

No sure if this is BB2 or BB3 you are using. If it is BB3, make sure you are not exporting with Encryption on. Turning this on in BB3 will cause you to see just a blank white or black screen on your device.

Jayant Mall likes this.
  5. Jayant Mall

Jayant Mall Boxer

This is BB2. Im working on a 2D game... though where can I turn this off from? Thanks a lot for the prompt reply though Codifie!

6. Jayant Mall

Jayant Mall Boxer

Ok Just checked. Its BB2 and no encryption was not on...

7. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Ok. So you are using BB2. Lets figure out what your issue is.
    I am assuming that your game ran fine in preview.
    So lets take some basic steps to determine if the issue is your device or your game.
    Have you tried taking any preview that previews just fine and do a test, compile it and put it on your device. Does it work?
    If it works, then we can pretty much isolate that the issue is something in your game. If it doesn't work, then we have some work to do because it could be your device.
    If a different game preview installs and runs fine on your device then you need to start looking at background images and your objects inside your game. Something is causing issues and removing items one by one and compiling in between each removal will eventually show you what the issue is.
    Let me know. If you need help you can send me you .bbdooc file and I will take a look at it for you.

Jayant Mall likes this.
  8. Janing

Janing Boxer

I have found solution to this problem. I developed the game on a older version of buildbox from last year. After 1 year gap I downloaded the latest version of buildbox and compiled but it does not work (I think it got corrupted somewhere). I fixed it by making the game again on newer buildbox version and everything works fine.

9. Janing

Janing Boxer

Which buildbox version did you start the creation of the game?