How To Make A 'create Variable' Node & 'compare' Node

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Antropy, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Antropy

Antropy Boxer

This is all in attempt to make a more powerful counter of sorts. The current 'Global Counter' only fires an event when it reaches the integer you specify (default:5), and there is no way of resetting the counter before it fires (from my inexperience).

I would like to be able to create an integer variable with one node. Said variable will be modified +1 on every click of UI button. Then through the use of a separate 'compare' node, I could fire off an event(s) based on whether or not the number is >n, or >=n. After a certain event, I want to reset the variable to 0.

The compare node could have a drop down box to select <,>,==,≠. The variable node could have a field for name, var type, and starting value. I see the load or save nodes, but I don't see anyway of creating or modifying a variable easily through predefined nodes. With these 2 nodes in combination with the send receive nodes, in my opinion, one could accomplish a lot. Any help in achieving this would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    *Edited to add further explanation.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    Roberto P and 5petersonzachary like this.
  2. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Don't know how to do this, but I love the idea!