How To Create A Time Based Score?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Lobsters, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Lobsters

Lobsters Boxer

Hello everyone!

I've been enjoying BB for a few weeks now and have a nice game developing, but have run into a major problem with scoring...

I'm creating a static level game where you have to collect 5 points in order to advance to the next scene. I have an event observer setup on the WORLD UI looking for 5 points to be reached. When reached it moves the player onto the next level. I want to be able to reward the player with a better score based on how fast they collect these 5 points.

Example - There's a countdown points timer starting at 100 and for each second they are alive, the timer moves down by 1 second. Once all 5 have been collected, the player is rewarded with the remainder of the countdown points timer.

Is this possible? I've searched the forum and found a few things but none that fit my example.

I'm using points to collect the 5 points needed and coins to collect coins for unlocking characters. The only other thing I have left to play with is distance which is of no use to me as its a static level game.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

2. NewMill

NewMill Boxer

did you ever figure it out? I have same situation. Thanks

3. ChocolateDog

ChocolateDog Boxer

Hi! I'm a newbie to Buildbox. I'm trying t develop a simple fall game. I'm trying to have the game score you based on how far you can fall and have the player collect coins to unlock new characters. Im kinda struggling with this right now. Could you help me?