How It All Works????

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by djseanmcclellan, Oct 26, 2015.

1. djseanmcclellan

djseanmcclellan Boxer

Hey guys, I'm just trying to wrap my head around how all of this works. So, if someone were to put a game out for free, Im assuming you are generating most of your revenue from adds? If so, is income generated once the user clicks on add, or by add just being displayed? Also, is revenue generated by install and or cross promotion of another game being installed from user using your game? I'm sure there are other ways but Im just thinking out loud here. Thanks for any advice you could lend.

Sean McClellan

2. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

I hope I can explain it clearly.

Advertisers pay through different ways.

For banners and interstitials, these are common:
    Per click (CPC)
    Per Install (CPI)
    Per thousand impressions (CPM)

For Video Ads, these are common:
    Per Click (CPC)
    Per Completed View (CPCV)
    Per Install (CPI)

Have some research on these terms. Hope it helps! :)

Sean Buildbox and Christoph like this.
  3. djseanmcclellan

djseanmcclellan Boxer

Thanks for the quick response! I'm assuming you can utilize all of these methods per game?

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

It depends on each ad network. You will need to check with each one to see what they support.

Note: This has nothing to do with Buildbox itself... it's completely external to your game.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

An FYI: HeyZap rewarded videos only payout on INSTALL of a viewed game.
    Official Quote: "It works like this – users watch a beautiful, stunning HD commercial (usually 15-30 seconds) for a game and get virtual currency or other virtual goods, in your game, for the view. If they then install the game they saw an ad for, you get paid!"

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, and the bad part seems to be that the video ad is always the same... even if the user already downloaded the game... :( Not sure why, it doesn't make a lot of sense.

7. djseanmcclellan

djseanmcclellan Boxer

Thanks guys, I'm a good bit away from actually trying to release something, but I see tons of potential with this software! Andy G, you says it is external to Buildbox? Buildbox lets you pick and choose the ad networks you wish to use though yes? Also, do you put associated keywords within buildbox anywhere or is that something that happens through Android, Apple etc when you are ready to upload game.

Sean

8. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Keywords are all done within the relevant App stores. Go into Settings > Advertisements to see the various options. Basically you signup at Ad Mob etc to get your ID's and paste them into the relevant boxes in BB.