How do I: Kill an enemy by touching it

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by jerry, May 8, 2016.

1. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

I have a 3 part game I am working on. First "world" you are collecting coins(drugs), second, you are avoiding stuff(antibodies), and then on the third I want to just be able to touch enemies by touching it and it not kill the character. The walls/wall objects are enemies and I don't want to kill them but I want to touch "cancer" cells and be able to kill them by touching them with the character (and not shoot).

Hope that makes sense.

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Give your character health and damage, more health than your cancer cells have damage, and more damage than your cancer cells have health... However, if you do this before that 3rd world, your character might be invincible in the first 2, so you might need to do an action at the beginning of the third world that makes you invincible... But that might not align with your gameplay... Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I'm understanding what you want to achieve, but my initial thoughts might not do it for ya...

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Use actions instead of objects. Your character will collect the actions but if you use the action animation as the defeat animation of your enemy it will look like you have destroyed the cancer cells. You even could give it a point or a value for coin as a bonus. Will work exactly as you want it to.

JoeWilson and heathclose like this.
  4. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Thanks heath and chis. I'll look at both of those.

5. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Made it a coin worked. Thanks!! I set the default animation to be the destroyed animation of the cancer destroyed. Don't know why I didn't think of that before.

heathclose likes this.
  6. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

So here is a quick view of the game. I'm doing this to show process of nano drug delivery. This is really a grey box version and have shortened all of the values so that you move through quickly. Plus just playing with flat art style (something I haven't done before). Definitely just a little test game.

Kind of 3 games in 1.
    - World 1 - collect items
    - World 2 - Avoid enemies
    - World 3 - run in to and destroy enemies (minus walls)

7. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

awesome, yah @Christoph 's idea was best, glad it worked well... gonna have to keep that in mind...

Christoph likes this.