How Can I Optimize My Game?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by tributorock, Oct 26, 2016.

1. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hi,

I have a big problem. Five months ago a sold a game for a company and now i finished the game. When i test in a lot of devices i got some problems:

- IOS : Iphones 6 does no run my game(Fixed). Now all IOS devices that i tested the game are running game fine. I tested Iphone 4S, 5, 6 , 6S and Ipad Mini 2.
    - Android: Just devices with 2GB RAM and 1.5GHZ Quadcore Processor run the game fine. Devices with 1GB ram does not run the game.

I was reading in the forum that downscale images can bring poor performance and also if i have more than 20 atlasses, this can turn game slow in old devices.

My Game has now 30 atlasses and a lot of downscales.

I tried to resize my all images , upload them again to the game and resize all my assets to 1:1 but now i have 39 Atlasses and my game does not run in IOS and Android. I had to turn back to old version of my game.

In these links you can open two projects: Old project with a lot of images downscaled and new project with images 1:1.

Old : http://ticjoy.com.br/old.bbdoc
    New : http://ticjoy.com.br/new.bbdoc

I need to fix it and got my game running on Android with at least 1GB RAM. For Gods sake i need your help because customer paid me and now i have this big problem. Is there some way to decrease my atlasses or resize my images outside Buildbox and reupload them again without increse my atlasses? I resized all images outside buildbox and i erase images in buildbox and reupload again but i have my atlasses and size of game increased. My Game jumps from 95 to 180MB. I tried all optimization tools in buildbox with no success

How can i optimize my game for android in this case?

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

You have many of the same images, such as:
    AguaMarG0027
    AquaMarG0028
    AquaMarG00XX

GelloYellow0017
    GelloYellow00xx

JogarANIMA0040
    JogarANIMA00xx

Flag20007
    Flag200xx