How Can I Move Character Like Pacman

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by abalta, Feb 11, 2017.

1. abalta

abalta Boxer

I know BuildBox has stage clear template. I want to move character like PacMan. For example, when I pressed up once, character move up continuous until it collides to objects.

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yeah sure, select your character on the left panel and then on the right add component, advanced move. Play with the settings.

3. abalta

abalta Boxer

You are right but, I added four advanced move called up, down, left, right. Then I added four character buttons. So linked them up. Advanced move settings are, Activate on Releases are checked. Lineart velocities are accordingly 0, 100 for up, 0,-100 for down, -100, 0 for left and 100, 0 for right.
    So, when I run the preview, character moves up is OK, moves right is OK but moves down and left not working. All mathematichal operations are ADD.

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Is your scene scrolling when you move up? If so you may need to check the Game Frame. Select the Start scene and then on the top-right there are five icons. The left-most looks like a square with bubbles in the corner. Make sure that is turned on (orange) and then you should see a frame in the Start scene. you can resize that, plus you can click on its walls to change color. Red means when character touches that it will die, gray is that it drags the camera (aka scene scrolls and orange s that character cannot pass that line. Make sure it is all gray if you wanna move backwards (scroll the scene backwards).

The bigger the Game Frame is, the more freely moving space you have. So if you have that frame stretched all out to the edge of the screen, then character can move all around the screen without the scene scrolling until you get to the very edge of the screen. if you make that frame very small (smaller than the character), then the scene is always scrolling whenever character is moving...

5. abalta

abalta Boxer

No scene is fixed not moving like PacMan game. If you give your email I'll send project to you.

6. harislatif

harislatif Avid Boxer

I hope this helps!

7. abalta

abalta Boxer

I've already watch this video. But, in this video user pressed button then character moves. So, I want to press up button character moves up continuously then press down button character moves down continuously.

8. Secousse

Secousse Boxer

Try to Use mathematical : Replace