How Can I Make The Character To Go Randomaly One Time Left One Time Right When He Starts The Game ?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Or Guueta, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Or Guueta

Or Guueta Boxer

Hello Guys ! im making a game and i need help i want that when the character hit the play button he will go randomaly left or right on the start not every time only right right how should i do it ?
    ty ! :)

2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Can you please tell us on what engine you want this? Bb classic or bb3?

3. Or Guueta

Or Guueta Boxer

BB Classic

4. Or Guueta

Or Guueta Boxer

hello ?
    can someone pls help?
    you only want money for your bb but no one is here to help when you need ..
    thats sad

5. Sean Poindexter

Sean Poindexter Boxer

I solely use buildbox 3 but I believe the same or a similar node exists in buildbox classic. Using the search bar inside of your object, or where ever your movement is being controlled, type "random". There should be two possible nodes. "Random" and "Random 5". Drag one in and disconnect your movement configuration of nodes or the singular node controlling the movement. From the "Start" node connect the "Random" node to the output of the "Start" node and from the output of yout "Random" node connect the 2 or 5 outputs to the movement configuration you had previosly. Note that you must only connect one movement node or series of nodes for each individual "Random" node output. Duplicate the movemnt cofiguration you have but have it go in the opposite direction and connect it to the un-used 'Random" output.

You could also Randomize where is spawns from which may influence how it bounces. Keep us updated.

6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

On bb3 there are options but on bb classic I'm not sure yet so I can't help you on this yest I need to go and check the documentation first so... I'm sorry

7. Or Guueta

Or Guueta Boxer

okay ty