How Can I Change Character In Middle Of Scene When Collided With Object

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by lazerDev, Dec 30, 2018.

1. lazerDev

lazerDev Boxer

I would like to have some power ups which will change the physics and animation of my character and the characters should not die when colliding with objects.

I have created a second character with all the settings I want the "power up" character to have, now I want to change my player to be the second character whenever the regular character collides with a power up object.

Is there any way to create an "if collide change character" node?

Lauren Maitland likes this.
  2. bgwiss

bgwiss Boxer

Weboha has already mentioned a comment on that? check it out

3. lazerDev

lazerDev Boxer

Please link to the comment you're referring to

4. bgwiss

bgwiss Boxer

5. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

That answer is incorrect. It is not changing the character, it is just toggling between different 3D Model nodes on the same character.

The question was how to switch between two characters which are two different game objects and have different behaviour and physics from each other.

So far I cannot see a way to do this as Scene.create() doesn't seem to allow you to spawn characters, only game objects.

Lauren Maitland and Paul Ingram like this.
  6. Lauren Maitland

Lauren Maitland Boxer

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm struggling with the same thing. When my character picks up a sword I want their armour to change - effectively the character itself needs to change. I experimented with spawn animation (new character) and hide visibility on character, but it was no good. The previous character was still there a few steps ahead and game over ensued when they interacted with enemies.

7. Felim Raftery

Felim Raftery Boxer

Has anyone fixed this, it seems like a pretty useful thing to have in buildbox?