Help

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by czqc, Feb 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hamza El Qasraoui

Hamza El Qasraoui Boxer

Hello every Body
    I'm a New user of Build box and I need a Help How To Create A new From 0 ?
    And Is important to Know programming language To create a Android Application from Build box ?
    and is any Source of Graphics Free , because i Started to use build box only a few day maybe 3 Days .
    So if Some One can Help me reply Here or contact me On Facebook : fb.com/hamza.qasraoui.1

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

look through your emails carefully, you will see a mention about downloading artwork for free to work with

3. Hamza El Qasraoui

Hamza El Qasraoui Boxer

yes I See it , But i need Some One Ti give me Tips Or Something Else , and i need Stranger Google Play Account If you buy it for me i Give you The Money .
    Maybe Talk in privat

4. GoMaas

GoMaas Boxer

Hi,

I started using buildbox about 22 days ago. You dont need any experience with coding to make a simple game you will need at most knowledge of 2 lines of code and thats if you are making it for android. IOS is really smooth.
    I also didn't have much experience but I have managed to launch my first game already and am currently beta testing a new one.
    Here are my tips and answers :D

For the art I highly recommend you to watch some youtube tutorials on photoshop and fireworks and if you get good go on to fireworks. But that is just if you want to make your own art otherwise you will do fine just with Photoshop. To make things easier at the start you can use the free art work that comes with your license and visit clker.com to download the "templates" for your games and then you will just need to personalize them on photoshop or any other image editor. You can also use the images from clker straight away since they are royalty free. However,just like those in the art pack, a lot of games use them already and ultimately you should want to have an original game not something the player has seen already. That being said, the easy way is to use photoshop to edit the images. You can do that at the most basic level just with copy paste and color select.

As to buildbox you you will need to watch a lot of youtube videos for the tutorials but I recommend you go on https://www.buildbox.com/guides/ read the manuals and keep the keyboard macros definition page open that will make things much easier and you will be able to skip a lot of tutorials. But, keep in mind, the software only offers you tools so you have to be creative and use them together to create innovative games with nice effects like the game color switch or stunts. A lot of those tricks you will find here in the forum.

For the music in the game there are 2 easy ways, either you use that of the art pack (Good for the game mechanics like characters dying etc.) or you can look for royalty free music on google and mostly all the artists will just ask to be credited in your in app info page. You can also go on soundclound and contact the artists directly send them some screenshots of the game and ask whether they would like to have their music in it.

Beyond that just keep in mind that Buildbox is rather new so a lot of bugs still need to be fixed (SAVE YOUR WORK EVERY 15 MINUTES if you are using windows). But generally speaking these bugs only bother you when you are trying to create an innovative game rather than a simple game (using the presets). But you can already create pretty advanced stuff as you can see on the showcase and other buildbox made games.

As to, BB2 it is not complete yet and last time I asked support they said it would only be done by Q1 2016 so I guess end of march.

Cheers,
    GoMaas
    PS: If you want to check out the games I have made they are only available for android so far but you ca click on this link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gomaas.trumpbike
    For the second game as its in beta just drop me a message and i will send you the link :)

cyph3r likes this.
  5. Hamza El Qasraoui

Hamza El Qasraoui Boxer

Thnx a Lot For This Good Tips , and For Your Time Also , To Give All This Good Advice , And i Will Do What Are you Said To ( I'm Sorry For My Bad English ) . And I have Installed Your Application and I had Give you 5 Star befor Playing hahah But its Too funny i Like it . But maybe if we talk In private let me Your Facebook or anything Else To Talk together Please . maybe we Could Help each Other

6. BossGames

BossGames Boxer