Health bar and thunder effects.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by kharalsuman007, May 17, 2016.

1. kharalsuman007

kharalsuman007 Boxer

Hi all of the members here this is my first post here and hope to get good help from here.

I am trying to figure out 3 things right now .
    1. How to add health bar to character and enemy so that it shows less health when it gets shot.
    2. How to get or create .png files so that i can get some thunder effects in game . Like when the enemy gets a hit or when i use kill all enemies action on whole screen than it has some kind of light animation as in game league of stickman , hope you understood what i mean.
    3. How to decrease the speed of character bullet . I created a bullet as particle effect in one object and set it as bullet animation in character which looks cool but the speed is just too fast, i decreased linear velocity also but it doesn't help.

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Suman Kharal

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Welcome to the forums and to buildbox :). My first advice when it comes to the forums is that when you first start out, 90% of the questions you have learning the software can be answered with a forum search. I also suggest reading every single post that gets made, whether it makes sense or not... this is how I learned the software, read everything people are trying to do and learn with them... and remember... search search search.

mobile_gamegraphics likes this.
  3. kharalsuman007

kharalsuman007 Boxer

Thanks a lot healthclose ........ I will do that , :) found out a way to do health bar from learnbuildbox but it was complicated , was thinking if there was any other ways. Thanks for advice. :)

4. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Hey Suman,

I'll try to answer some of your questions (I'm definitely not an expert).

1. Healthbar you found the only solution that I've seen.
    2. Here is a great tutorial on creating lightning in Photoshop. It's an older video but it works well:

3. For the decrease of bullets if you are using a particle effect, would be a couple of things to look at.
    - Emission Rate: How many particles per second (I think)
    - Speed:

5. kharalsuman007

kharalsuman007 Boxer

Hi jerry thanks for the reply..... I have mangaed to solve all problems except no.1 so i think i will use the same technique as in the video from learnbuildbox. :)

6. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

I read somewhere here about adding health bar, but I guess that to be added.
    I'm using BB2.1 but still can't find where to add it or if it can be added!!