Haunted City! (looking for feedback)

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by jermaine150, Dec 17, 2015.

1. jermaine150

jermaine150 Boxer

I just released my first BuildBox iOS game this week:
    https://itunes.apple.com/gh/app/haunted-city-shoot-the-zombie/id1057567525?mt=8

Actually I didn't build this game from scratch, but continued with an already existing project. The game is now live, however I personally feel that it's missing some excitement during gameplay.

I would love to hear feedback from you guys and maybe what you would like to see improved.

2. energizerlithium

energizerlithium Avid Boxer

Wow very similar to Zombie Age:) I like the overall gameplay, but I think if there's anything a bit off, I'd say the art theme of the background doesn't match the cartoony, think-stroky characters, but overall it's nothing too bad! Good work mate:)

3. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

@jermaine150 Glad you jumped in and got going. Good for you. Keep trying.

Sorry if the following critique may seem a bit harsh, but in order to improve you have to hear this:
    Your graphics are a mish-mash of several styles. I find this a bit jarring to watch.
    It would be difficult to achieve a complete theme using just the BB art provided.
    Pay attention to your theme and graphic pallet or else you will get very few downloads. This is as important as ASO.
    Your UI buttons are inconsistent - I see several different designs. The coins are oversized for the screen and not consistent with your theme. Too bright. One of your parallex backgrounds has a line vertically through it because the beginning part of the image does not match the end for a seamless flow. It's fine if an image is not moving, but once you introduce movement, it becomes apparent.
    I'm curious, did you take Trey's BB course? A lot of these issues are addressed in his course material.
    Don't give up. I don't want to discourage you. You've achieved more than many people and have learnt how to submit an app. Congrats!
    Now you can concentrate on design for your next app. All my games have premium art. That has always been my biggest concern. Set your standards as high as is practical to your budget. Create awesome games. Good luck!

playsgames6666 likes this.