Gravity on Gameplay Action is wrong?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by trudnai, Nov 1, 2015.

1. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hi Guys,

I have created a Gameplay Action. When character hits it, gravity is "super weak". I have set -50, basically the very same as my normal Gameplay Settings, also checked all other options, Air Drag and basically everything I could, but still, have no idea why, but gravity is "weak". Not sure if this is a bug or I have done something wrong in the settings?

On the screenshot I have put the Project Settings with the Gameplay Settings on the middle-left, and on the right you can see the Action's Gameplay Settings.

Screen Shot 2015-11-01 at 6.41.41 PM.png

Thanks,
    Tamas

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

On my latest testing: If I set Air Drag on the Gameplay Action then it seem work normal, and if I increase that to 200 then it falls and jumps 2x faster than the original Gameplay settings with no Air Drag at all...

So my conclusion was that maybe something is wrong with that in the BB engine?

Thanks,
    Tamas

3. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

Some settings are reversed on gameplay actions, not 100% sure why. But I know its true for Velocity Drag, Rotation Drag and Air Drag. These 3 variables should be set between 0 and 100. So if your game settings for velocity drag / rotation drag / air drag are 0, the gameplay action velocity drag / rotation drag / air drag should say 100. If they are say 10 in your game settings, they should say 90 in the action settings, etc...

trudnai likes this.
  4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

It is good to know, thanks! Is it going to be fixed? It is kinda confusing and looks like an easy fix...

5. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

It is a little confusing, but as long as you know its easy to deal with :) ... I don't know why it is, or if they plan on changing it.