Google Play Question.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by patostar, Jun 12, 2018.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

I know cloning and copying the same screenshots, icons etc... when you upload your app to play store is against their rules, but what if you copy your own apps screenshots and icons? let's say you uploaded a game to google play, and then you made another version of it with minor changes, can you upload the same screenshots and icon? or will google play reject them?

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

If the images are of the same game that you update, you will not have any problem.
    If you have a game with another name (new), I recommend that the images be different.

patostar likes this.
  3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Parody laws...in america anyways...protects you when cloning. BUT, you cant clone exactly as the other game is. Gameplay wise yes....but if you make yours to where it's OBVIOUSLY a different game...it will be ok. However, with that said, clones that are exact copies make it on the store. In google play search Hole.io. it's a voodoo game. They only have it on apple right now but look at all the clones in google. They are exact...same screenshots in some...same icon...same visuals in game.
    We here in the bb forums suggest if you plan to clone the gameplay of a game....model and improve upon it. Make the visuals your own. Icon your own. Maybe add somethings to the game that make it BETTER than the original. This helps because if the players of the other game find yours, they will be happy to play because while it is similar....it offers something....new. model and improve.

patostar likes this.
  4. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Thanks for your replies guys, but one question, have you done anything about GDPR yet? what if google play suspend or remove our apps? because I still not fully understand it, it's confusing me a lot.

5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Geeze...reread that...had to correct auto correct lol