Game With Health Bar And Working Leaderboards

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by SpoonCrysis, Oct 3, 2018.

1. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

Has anyone got a game live on iOS or Android or both

with a health Bar and working leaderboards that post actual scores?

for those that don't know what i mean, when you create a health bar in buildbox you have to use Points to make it work which only leaves distance, and coins collected to post a score with.

What I have found is that you can't post coins collected that never shows in leaderboards and I have confirmed this with buildbox support. So what is left to use is distance scoring, how ever my game doesn't move the cameras which means the level is static, only the characters and endless enemies move.

So when I add distance as a score it will just stop recording score as soon as you hit the wall on each side only seems to either record forward motion or backwards but if you already travel the distance it won't reset and re do the distance.

is there a way to loop distance so it keeps thinking the character is covering new distance?

2. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

No one can help with this? has no one actually had a health bar with a leaderboard?

3. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

at the moment, Buildbox 2 is limited to the three scoring systems. what about using the coins for the healthbar instead?

4. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

I didn't know you could do that, I can't do that I just realized I have a shop and you need coins to unlock things like levels and characters. So even if that worked I would have another thing broken.

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Don't worry, Buildbox3 will have this capability and with any luck we'll be able to continue our buildbox2 projects in it by Beta 4 but definitely by release

6. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

the game with the issue has been live on iOS and Android for a few weeks now Buildbox support are working a solution for me on buildbox 2 with a custom version. Leaderboards is something that needs to work. So hopefully they come up with a solution that works soon, because I can't wait till Next year before buildbox 3 finally gets released.
    Deadlines need to be met.