Game play area character offset

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by creativesoffice, Feb 1, 2016.

1. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Hi,

I am testing a new game play and I have for the character the following settings: direct movement on, forced movement on, fixed rotation on.

For some reason when i hit a physic object or i jsut press right/left so my character touches the margin of the screen, the character gets below the gameplay selected area ( under the orange bar that should block the character to get pass that - other option are white = pass and red = destroy), I have this set to be the middle of the screen, on vertical gameplay axis. Game direction is -90 degrees.

Once character gets below that line its movement is slower like 5 times slower than the movement when is below the yellow bar, in the selected gameplay area/camera area. I revied this in debug mode and it seems that the character is falling down in the gap there between the horizontal block area and vertical block area, where the circle is that allows you to drag the area to any size that you need.

Please see simplgame demo from welcome screen, enter debug mode and see how the character is below the line and how it moves, and how it moves if is above. Please note that you will have to drag the camera area up since by default is at the bottom of the screen.
    Anyone else experiencing this?

John

2. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

Anyone any thoughts on this?

Image A

1. Character should not be on top of the bottom red line and not below it? yellow state of the line in image B means blocking and somehow allows the shape to pass trough it until the point as on image A.

2. If i press left/right and i collide with an object somehow if object is big my character gets pulled out into the corner where the handle is, red circle bottom side on image B and gets after below the line as in image A. Once is below the line left'right movement are very slow, like is under heavy gravity. Also cannot move further from there, like I am stuck.

Anyone experiencing this?

File here please: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k6a54mcrfi0z0sw/AAAOzcRxhDYOKeg5hPEEByrAa?dl=0

Cannot upload here not sure why.
    John

3. creativesoffice

creativesoffice Boxer

@Andy or BB team any thoughts on this? Noby else apparently don't know the answer for this.

See previews message please.
    John